Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Haines Point in the Rain

It's Wednesday, right now that means a long road ride with an hour of tempo at Haines Point, unfortunately the weather looked like it wasn't going to co-operate with the skies darkening all afternoon. The heavens opened at 4, not a good sign for a ride that I needed to start by 5 in order to finish by dark... Fifteen minute later the storm was down to drizzle and by the time I left the office the rain was over and I thought I was in the clear... When I hit the road to start the ride the streets in the neighborhood were dry, but by the time I got to Haines point the rain was picking up again and half way through my first lap it was pouring... The rain didn't last long and by the end of my third lap the rain had stopped and and there was a rainbow over the tidal basin... After 8 laps I crossed over memorial bridge to the Mt. Vernon trail to start home... Passed Ezra, a fellow City Bikes rider and one of my snowshoe team-mates, then back across the river, key bridge this time, and through Georgetown to rock creek and home....

Got my new camera phone today and tried to shoot the rainbow... It's in the shot but you've got to look closely... A couple of pictures that I though I took weren't on the phone when I got home...

No comments: